Litter Box Issues
If your cat stops using the litter box your first call should always be to your veterinarian.
Many medical conditions can cause a change in litter box habits. If your veterinarian determines your cat is healthy, the cause may be behavioral. Most litter box behavior problems can be resolved using behavior modification techniques. Punishment is NOT the answer. It will only make your cat afraid of the litter box.
- Cats International: House Soiling
- SF SPCA: Litter Box Basics
- icatcare.org: Urine spraying
- icatcare.org: House soiling
- Tompkins County SPCA: Litter Box Problems
- Cornell Vet School: House Soiling
- Maine Coon Adoptions: Establishing Good Litter Box Habits
- Cats International: The Definitive Guide to Saving Your Couch from Your Cat
- Maine Coon Adoptions: Scratching
- Maine Coon Adoptions: Don’t Declaw
- Cats International: When Purrs Become Bites